So quite a lot of little jobs this month... May into early June anyway.Here's a summary.
Firstly the aerocatches, at about £40. I "installed" the first a while back, but was so horrified by my appalling rushed work I left just the one in for a while. I learnt how not to do things and some top tips (especially don't rush). Below is the result...
This is the second catch offered up to the bonnet with the holes drilled. Reasonabley tidy (compared to the first attempt). It's a good idea to take a large drill bit to the holes just for a bit, to allow the supplied screwed to counter sink in, if that's even the right phrase! Also, I've since sprayed the body colour paint lightly over the bare metal, then a small coat of lacquer. Otherwise it rusts. With the catch test fitted first, and the horror show of my first attempt (with silly amounts of hammerite painted over) second:
Anyway, that's enough of that embaressment! Next some limited brake work:
Frankly I was bored and I thought to free up some space the EBC green pads I bought may as well go on while I wait for the rest of the stuff. Those calipers don't seem as bad as they look, but will be reconditioned as you can get the kits for them. The discs will be swapped as they are pretty poor - you can see the lip on the outside. The orange stuff you can see on the pads is copper grease spray, recommended to prevent squeaking.
And now for a bit of tidying up:
So it's starting to look a bit more presentable. I bought some second hand fog blanks, painted them blue to go with the blue painted grill and kidneys. I've also cleaned the inside with a bit more spirits and gone over lightly with more grey spray paint, and had my first play with a rivet gun (splendid tool!) to fix the fire extinguisher piping in place.
Next job is to properly fix and route the safety pull cables. So far just the external fire ex is properly in. After that, the jobs get very expensive as I'll have to spend scary money once again for the remaining brakes parts, suspension bushes, suspension, racing tyres and transponder. The good news is though, after those bits are on, it's finished! Light at the end of the tunnel and all that...