After a bit of a lull, I bought some new calipers and brake discs for the front, to go with the Goodridge hoses which I can finally now install.
As a side note, I did try and rebuild my existing calipers. First job was to tidy them up as they were quite rusty. After some effort with a wire brush, they looked too far gone. Then I found a handy way of de-rusting metal effort free, using the old car battery, a mixing bowl, some water and washing up powder! Basically, electrolysis. After several days and nights leaving it on, changing out the orange water, not only did I find this was a great method, but also my calipers were so far gone one of the bolt holes as disintegrating. Oh well! So off to euro car parts I went....
So now everything is tip top, giving me much more confidence. I also bought some one man operated speed bleeder nipples from this guy - the correct size was M7 in case anyone orders the wrong size like I did initially! He refunded and was quick to dispatch. They seem to work well, though I either need to buy two more for the rears or just get a tool which might be better in the olong run.
By the way, an important top tip is you either have Girling calipers or ATE (shown below):
These don't fit unless you have the correct caliper carriers! Cheers to Eurocarparts and my contact there for quickly realising the issue and rectifying. Bought 4 wheels too with decent road tyres:
Now we get to some cooler stuff... for a while I've been working on the mandatory Marshall operated cut off and fire extinguisher, and they are finally finished!
I was working into the wee small hours, and I'm chuffed with the results. Hopefuly it all passes from a safety point of view. My only concern is the extinguisher handle is quite stiff to pull, and this is mostly caused by the curve in the line as the cable goes round the bottle to the handle - something that can't be avoided. I don't want to pull it too hard to test for obvious reasons!