Being around 60 kgs overweight (mostly the car, honest!) is something I can do plenty about, so that's the main winter job - more later. The inlet manifold came off so the injectors could be sent to injectortune.co.uk for a fast efficient service. Before they were sent off:
The nozzles are now very clean as seen below!
Hopefully that will give the engine a bit of a fairer fight. I game it a good clean with brake cleaner and a couple of new body gaskets. Its all back on now.
I've just got to get another replacement hose (this time a crankcase vent hose that goes under the inlet manifold to the throttle body) and connect it all back up again. Getting there...
I've also been sorting out a swirl pot - I noticed a really bad case of fuel starvation at Oulton especially coming out of Druids, even with half a tank of fuel (there's a dent in my fuel tank which probably doesn't help). That's 25 or so kilos we can get rid of. Downside is it's lots of fiddling around with the fuel system... so I took the plunge!
It took some fettling after this, because it just has to be at the right height so the sock is submerged in fuel without being flattened. Fingers crossed...
Here is a low pressure lift pump attached to my existing cradle. So gone are the old grotty fuel lines:
The last one here it turns out was the vent pipe - seemed odd at the time it went all the way up the car passed the engine to a rubber hose to nowhere. In the bottom picture it's the most left hose connected to the steel one - now it isn't. The fuel filter needs replacing anyway, that will probably relocate too.
The hoses here now have to be directed to the boot where this is now waiting... that's for the next update!